본문 바로가기
사이트 내 전체검색

총연합회 소식 및 행사 결과

2023 "세계한인회장대회 및 제17회 한인의 날 기념식" 윤석열 대통령 모두 발언

페이지 정보

작성자 최고관리자 댓글 0건 조회 140회 작성일 23-10-26 17:20

본문

권두언

동포 여러분 반갑습니다. 그리고 잘 오셨습니다. 여러분, 이렇게 뵈니까 정말 기쁩니다. 세계 한인의 날과 세계한인회장대회를 맞아 지구촌 곳곳에서 고국의 청명한 가을 하늘 아래 이렇게 만나게 되어 여러분을 진심으로 환영합니다. 그리고 조금 전 동포사회와 모국의 발전에 기여한 공로로 훈포장을 수상하신 분들께도 정말 축하와 감사의 말씀을 드립니다.

새로운 기회를 찾아 시작된 120년 이민의 역사는 그동안 대한민국의 역량을 키워나가는 데에 큰 힘이 됐습니다. 하와이의 뜨거운 사탕수수밭과 중남미의 선인장 농장에서 번 돈은 우리의 독립 자금으로 쓰였습니다. 파독 광부와 간호사들의 현지 송금은 우리의 산업화 과정에서 소중한 종잣돈이 됐습니다. 일본에 있는 대한민국 공관 대사관을 비롯한 총영사관 등 공관 10개 중에서 9개가 재일동포의 기증으로 조성되었다는 거 알고 계시는지 모르겠습니다만, 그 정도로 우리 재외동포들의 모국 사랑은 각별했습니다.

서울올림픽을 할 때, 또 우리가 외환위기를 겪을 때도 재외동포 여러분께서 힘을 모아주셨습니다. 이역만리 타향에서 역경을 이겨낸 우리 재외동포 여러분은 대한민국 발전의 든든한 지원군이셨습니다. 이 자리를 빌려 동포 여러분께 다시 한번 감사드립니다.

저는 지난 추석에 원폭 피해 동포들, 그리고 어제는 파독 근로 동포들을 만나 뵀습니다. 제가 만난 그분들의 삶이 바로 불굴의 의지로 고난을 이겨낸 대한민국의 현대사였습니다.

정부는 지난 6월 출범한 재외동포청을 중심으로 전 세계의 동포 여러분을 꼼꼼하게 살필 것입니다. 글로벌 네트워크를 강화하면서 세계 곳곳에 우리 기업과 국민, 750만 동포 여러분이 함께 힘을 모아 뛸 수 있는 운동장을 넓혀 나가겠습니다. 이제 대한민국은 전쟁의 폐허를 딛고 일어나 국제사회에서 그 책임과 역할을 다하는 글로벌 중추 국가로 도약하고 있습니다. 저는 지난달 유엔총회 기조연설에서 국가 간 격차를 줄이고 상생하기 위해 힘을 모아 유엔을 중심으로 연대해야 한다고 제안하고, 우리 대한민국 정부가 그 선도 역할을 하겠다고 약속했습니다.

우리 대한민국에 대한 국제사회의 신뢰와 기대가 커지고 있습니다. 동포 여러분께서 조국에 대한 긍지와 자부심을 가질 수 있도록 더 많이 기여하고 국제사회에 더 많이 협력할 것입니다. 우리 정부가 지향하는 바는 바로 자유민주주의의 확립과 시장경제의 회복입니다. 그리고 자유, 인권, 법치를 통해 우리 대한민국과 전 세계의 자유, 평화, 번영에 이바지하는 국가가 되겠다는 것입니다. 그러기 위해서는 우리는 글로벌 스탠다드를 따라야 하고 국제주의를 지향해야 합니다. 동포 여러분께서는 그동안 우리 조국을 위해서 많은 뒷받침과 기여를 해 주셨지만 저희가 동포 여러분과의 네트워크를 구축하고, 또 재외동포청을 만들어서 여러분을 꼼꼼하게 살피는 것은 대한민국이 바로 이 국제주의를 지향하면서 우리나라의 자유 민주주의와 시장경제 질서를 확고히 하려는 우리 정부의 철학과도 일맥상통하는 것입니다.

저는 우리 재외동포 여러분들이 늘 자랑스럽습니다. 동포 여러분의 초기 해외 진출은, 그 시작은 고되고 미미하였지만, 여러분의 각고의 노력으로 위대한 한국인의 이민사, 경제사를 써내려 오셨습니다. 전 세계의 자유, 평화, 번영에 기여하는 글로벌 중추 국가의 비전을 실현하는데 동포 여러분께서 함께해 주시고 도와주시기를 다시 한번 부탁드립니다. 감사합니다.

Greetings, compatriots. And welcome. I’m really happy to see you all like this. We sincerely welcome you all from all over the world to meet under the clear autumn sky of your home country upon the occasion of Korean Day and the World Korean Association Presidents’ Conference. I would also like to express my sincere congratulations and gratitude to those who were awarded medals of honor just now for their contributions to the development of the compatriot community and their home country.

The 120-year history of immigration, which began in search of new opportunities, has been a great momentum for developing Korea’s capabilities. The money earned from the hot sugar cane fields of Hawaii and the cactus farms of Central and South America was used to fund our country’s independence. Remittances from miners and nurses dispatched to Germany became valuable core funds of our industrialization process. I’m not sure if you’re aware that 90 percent of Korean embassies in Japan, including the embassy and consulate general, were built thanks to donations from Korean residents in Japan.

That’s how special the love our overseas compatriots had for their home country was.

During the Seoul Olympics, and when we experienced the foreign exchange crisis, you, our overseas compatriots, gave us strength.

Overseas Koreans, who have overcome adversity in foreign countries, have been strong supporters of the development of Korea. I would like to take this opportunity to thank my compatriots once again.

This Chuseok, I met compatriots who were affected by the atomic bombing, and yesterday I met compatriots who were dispatched to Germany. The lives of the people I met were part of Korea’s modern history of overcoming hardships with indomitable will.

The government will carefully monitor our compatriots around the world, especially through the Overseas Koreans Agency (OKA), which was newly launched in June. By strengthening our global network, we will expand the playing field where our companies, citizens and 7.5 million compatriots can work together around the world. Now, Korea has overcome the ruins of war and is leaping forward as a pivotal country of the world that fulfills its responsibilities and role in the international community. In my keynote speech at the United Nations General Assembly last month, I suggested that we join forces and unite around the United Nations to coexist with and reduce the gap between countries, and promised that the Korean government will play a leading role in that effort.

The international community’s trust and expectations for Korea are growing. We will contribute more to and cooperate more with the international community so that our compatriots can have pride in their home country. What the government aims for is the establishment of liberal democracy and the restoration of the market economy. And by obeying freedom, human rights and lawful rule, we will become a country that contributes to the freedom, peace and prosperity of not only Korea but also the world. To do so, we must follow global standards and pursue internationalism. Our compatriots have provided a lot of support and contributions to our country so far. The fact that we have established a network with our compatriots and created the Overseas Koreans Agency to closely assist you is in line with our government’s philosophy of pursuing internationalism and promoting our country’s liberal democracy and the order of the market economy.

I am always proud of our overseas Koreans. Our compatriots’ initial overseas expansion started out arduous and insignificant, but through your hard work, you have written the great immigration and economic history of Koreans. Once again, we ask our compatriots to join us and help us realize our vision of becoming a global hub that contributes to freedom, peace and prosperity around the world.

Thank you.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

아시아한인회총연합회Address : seocho Hyundae Tower 803, 375, Gangnam-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul, 06620, Korea
Phone : +82. 70. 8822- 0338, E-mail : achong.asia@gmail.com